Apply today for a full time, T Level or Apprenticeship course staring next September!

Pages in this Section

Alumni Stories

Many of our students progress to the world of work or higher education, read our Alumni stories to find out where our students went after College.

Grace Parker

Grace Parker

Courses Taken: Hair & Beauty Level 1, Travel & Tourism Level 3 and Business Support with Marketing Apprenticeship
Profession: Marketing Assistant at Lancaster & Morecambe College
Years Studied: 3 years

Having the opportunity to volunteer with so many activities was something I really enjoyed. It increased my confidence and helped me develop new skills which helped me get where I am today. I specifically enjoyed helping out at opening evenings and helping people make the big decisions when it comes to further education. 

Elle Walsh

Elle Walsh

Courses Taken: Business Support with Marketing Apprenticeship Level 3
Profession: Marketing Assistant with Clarke and Pulman
Years Studied: 2 years

I chose the Business Support with Marketing Level 3 Apprenticeship as it aligns with my desired career path. The staff at Lancaster & Morecambe College are incredibly supportive and helpful, no question or request is too big. They even provide outstanding support even when you are in your workplace, which has been a huge help with my theory work. The modules on the course relate to what I do in my workplace, and have helped me with tasks within my role.

Lauren Quayle

Lauren Quayle

Courses Taken: Hair Professional Apprenticeship Level 2
Profession: Owner of The Locks Lounge Hairdressing Salon
Years Studied: 2 years

As I was a Hairdressing Apprentice at Lancaster & Morecambe College over 10 years ago, when I opened my own salon I really wanted to help a young person to learn the skills of the industry and pass on my knowledge.

Emily Leeming-Bowles

Emily Leeming-Bowles

Courses Taken: Business Studies Level 3
Profession: Digital Marketing Apprentice
Years Studied: 2019 - 2021

The business studies course had a wide range of job roles that I could go into. As I was unsure what I wanted to do, this course gave me many different options from accountancy to marketing.

Shauna Allsop

Shauna Allsop

Courses Taken: Business & Enterprise Level 3
Profession: Case Management Officer
Years Studied: 2014 - 2016

The Business & Enterprise Level 3 course kickstarted my career more than I could have ever imagined. I gained so much from the course; knowledge, self-discipline, confidence, and I learnt so much about the industry.

Fabrizia Todd

Fabrizia Todd

Profession: Café Colleague
Years Studied: 2018 - 2020

The trips were amazing, we visited universities for competitions and campus tours, attended careers fairs, completed teamwork days at places such as Lancaster Escape Rooms and Great Tower and were even given opportunities to travel abroad. Our course offered international trips to Disneyland Paris and the opportunity to undertake a two-week, all expenses paid, work placement in Italy!

Arwen Davies

Arwen Davies

Courses Taken: Bookkeeping Level 2 & Distance Learning Business Administration Level 2
Profession: Business Administration Apprentice
Years Studied: 2018 - 2021

It has given me the chance to learn professional skills without being overburdened by the pressures expected in a full-time role. I’ve enjoyed not being too worried about being slow or making mistakes because I have had access to regular support from both my employer and the College.

Holly Salisbury

Holly Salisbury

Courses Taken: Business Administration Level 4 & CMI Level 5
Profession: Digital Marketing Assistant
Years Studied: 2017 - 2021

With an Apprenticeship, you are learning all the time. It gives you fantastic experience in the working world and the hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice. An Apprenticeship really helps you to gain confidence in a working environment.

Shannon Harrison

Shannon Harrison

Profession: Marketing Assistant Apprentice
Years Studied: 2018 - 2022

To anyone thinking about starting an Apprenticeship I would say it’s a great idea. My Apprenticeship is allowing me to expand my industry knowledge and is helping me learn which job roles in the industry I’m best suited to. It is also helping me draw a clearer understanding of whether I want my next step to be university, or if I would like to continue with full time employment.

Olivia Hammond

Olivia Hammond

Courses Taken: Entry Level Hair & Beauty, Level 3 Business, GCSE Maths, English & Psychology
Profession: LMC Business & Marketing Apprenticeship Adviser
Years Studied: 2015 - 2018

I would say that education is a door to a multitude of opportunities, and qualifications really do count. Find something you love and keep going, you won’t regret it. Education really can change your life!

Molly Hackett

Molly Hackett

Courses Taken: Business and Enterprise Level 3
Profession: Investment in the nuclear energy industry
Years Studied: 2016 - 2018

I chose to enrol at college as I preferred the set up over 6th form, and it meant I'd be able to study business solitary, exploring the subject in more detail than an A level would. I specifically chose LMC due to the high quality level of tutoring offered. The college is also very well networked and linked with local businesses and universities- useful for gaining work experience, and progressing onto an apprenticeship or degree

Megan Aitken

Megan Aitken

Courses Taken: Business and Enterprise Level 3
Profession: Counter Manager at Estée Lauder
Years Studied: 2016 - 2018

I would say this course may not be the easiest, but the support you get from Sarah and Jon is unbelievable. I really couldn’t have achieved without them. They are a huge credit to the College.

• 1 (current)