An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
We expect most Apprentices on the level 2 programme to complete in 12 months, depending upon your skills, qualifications and how quickly you progress.
4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or higher including Maths or English OR a Level 1 related qualification PLUS grade D/3 or higher in Maths or English.
Relevant work experience will also be considered
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with training in the workplace
• Assessor visits in the workplace every 3 – 4 weeks
• Functional Skills level 1 and 2 in maths and English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• ICT Level 1 or Level 2 apprenticeship. If Level 1 is achieved, you will work towards Level 2
The Apprenticeship covers a variety of units to show practical performance and knowledge and these include:
• Communication in a business environment
• Principles of providing administrative services
• Meet and welcome visitors
• Produce business documents
• Store and retrieve information
• Use and maintain office equipment
An Apprenticeship is made up of a group of qualifications known as the framework. This includes the Diploma qualification to include competence elements, technical elements and qualifications in Functional skills ICT, maths and English.
The Diploma is made up of mandatory units which include online testing and optional units for portfolio build demonstrating competence in the workplace.
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and some exams.
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time throughout the year.
On completion of this course you will receive a Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration, Certificate in the Principles of Business and Administration and Functional Skills.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
• If you are already employed then contact Leeanne Grayston-Aldren or Val Jones at the College who will be happy to arrange a visit to you and your employer to discuss the Apprenticeship in more detail. They can be contacted on 01524 66215 Ext. 511 or 635.
• If you are unemployed you can view our current Apprenticeships vacancies here www.lmc.ac.uk/schoolleavers/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-vacancies.
• You can also visit your local Jobcentre Plus to see if there are any vacancies and look in the local papers.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.