An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
• Bricklaying Diploma Level 1
• Bricklaying Diploma Level 2
• Plumbing Apprenticeship
• Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship
• Full Time Employment
4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or higher including Maths or English OR a Level 1 related qualification PLUS grade D/3 or higher in Maths or English.
Relevant work experience will also be considered
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with training in both the workplace and at College
• Attendance at College on a regular basis, block or day release
• You will work towards a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) plus a Technical Certificate,
Functional Skills and Employment Rights and
NVQ Level 2 in Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying), Technical Certificate (City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma – 6 units), Functional Skills at level 1 and 2 in English and maths, and personal learning and thinking skills.
• You will receive tuition to support the underpinning knowledge required for your NVQ
• You will also have the opportunity to work towards additional qualifications relevant to your employment
• You will receive regular monitoring and assessment in both the workplace and at College
• There are no formal examinations within the NVQ, your work is assessed on an on-going basis
The Technical Certificate is assessed by formal examination.
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and exams. At the end of your apprenticeship you will be also assessed by an End Point Assessment.
On completion of this course you will receive NVQ Level 2 in Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying), Technical Certificate and a Functional Skills qualification.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
• If you are already employed then contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01524 521385
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.