For the best viewing experience of our new site please use Google Chrome
This course focuses on educating and training for a range of careers in the animal management and allied land-based industries. The qualification prepares you for employment in the animal management and welfare sector and will allow you to expand your knowledge, understanding and skills and help you develop a range of techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
This course is designed for Higher Education learners the course will include a substantial amount of careers related learning designed to support progression to the suitable next step, this could include employability skills and employer encounters such as guest speakers.
The course provides potential progression to:
• HND Animal Welfare and Behaviour at LMC.
• A full degree, i.e. BSc (Hons). Some Higher Education institutions e.g. Myerscough College could offer the opportunity to join the third year of their BSc (Hons) programme on successful completion of the necessary entry criteria. Myerscough College offer a BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare top-up on successful completion of a summer bridging programme.
• Employment within the animal management and welfare sector.
You will need:
• GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above or an equivalent qualification
And one of the following:
• 64 UCAS points (to include one science-based subject)
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management (merit, pass, pass)
• City & Guilds Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Animal Management
• Access Diploma
• Other level 3 qualifications (in relevant subject)
You must have enthusiasm for the subject and a commitment to study. You will also need an up to date tetanus vaccination.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.