This qualification is aimed at candidates who:
• Intend to gain qualifications which will help them in the future and assist in making an application to join an Apprenticeship or Advanced Modern Apprenticeship programme.
• Intend to follow Apprenticeship and Advanced Modern Apprenticeship programmes
• Wish for career progression within engineering
• Wish to develop the skills learnt from other qualifications
This course is designed for 16-18 year old and adult learners, the course will include a substantial amount of careers related learning designed to support progression to the suitable next step, this could include educational trips, employability skills and employer encounters such as guest speakers. For 16-18 year old learners this will be delivered as a study programme which includes math and English where applicable and work experience.
On successful completion, you have the opportunity to progress to the Level 2 Certificate in Engineering, Level 3 Diploma in Engineering, Techbac Year 1, Techbac Year 2, HNC Engineering, Hon’s Degree in Engineering.
3 GCSE’s at grade 2 or higher including English and Maths, or relevant qualifications. You must have enthusiasm for the subject/area, enjoy working with people and have commitment to study (attendance, punctuality & behaviour).
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
You will study the following:
• The safe use of hand tools and fitting activities used in the engineering and manufacturing sectors
• Setting and operating machines, following safe working practices and checking simple components for size.
• Methods of drawing and communication that are required in the engineering and manufacturing sectors.
All LMC students will receive tutorial support.
All students aged 16-19 are required to study functional English and maths qualifications or GCSE Maths and/or English if not already awarded a GCSE grade C/4 or higher in these subjects. Students aged 19+ are strongly encouraged to take relevant maths and English qualifications to support progression to further or higher education, training or employment.
This course is continuously assessed using a range of methods including projects and exams/online tests.
On completion of this course you will receive a Level 1 Certificate in Engineering.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.