Emergency First Aid Qual Safe (B33519-S05)
The cost of the course will be £105.00 and includes tuition, course materials, certification fees, light refreshments and lunch.
This short intensive one day initial awareness of First Aid course covers all topics necessary to meet the Health and Safety Executive’s requirements for Emergency First Aid at Work which complies with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
What does the course involve?
The sessions will include practical elements and the performance of participants will be continually assessed. Delegates will need to be suitably dressed for working on the floor and are required to be of reasonable fitness and aged over 16 years.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first-aider including reference to:
• The importance of preventing cross infection;
• The need for recording incidents and actions;
• Use of available equipment;
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious;
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Course Information Sheet