The cost of the course will be £110 and includes tuition, course materials, certification fees, light refreshments and lunch.
This qualification provides a basic understanding and knowledge of food safety for those in the hospitality and catering sector.
What does the course involve?
The course will be delivered in one day followed by a multiple-choice examination. Successful candidates will be awarded a Certificate by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. The Institute recommends that refresher training is undertaken at least every three years.
The programme will include:
• Taking personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
• Cleanliness and hygiene
• Receiving and storing food safely
• Preparing, cooking and holding food safely
Subjects covered include:
• Food safety hazards
• Temperature control
• Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
• Cooking, hot holding and reheating
• Food handling
• Principles of safe food storage
• Food premises and equipment
Course Information Sheet
YOUR NEXT STEP - call 01524 521237 or choose from the options below...