We are seeking a highly motivated and organised professional to work with employers and their apprentices. You will have relevant business administration experience and the ability to support effectively the development of apprentices’ skills, knowledge and behaviours creating the workforce for the future. You will be a confident communicator, promoting and developing apprenticeships, with a passion for developing people to reach their potential and progressing their careers.
We are ranked in the top 25 of FE colleges for our apprenticeship achievement rates and have recently been endorsed with an Ofsted Good rating.
If you would like an informal chat to find out more about the role, please contact Jayne Roper, Apprenticeships Manager, initially via email: email@example.com; a phone call can then be arranged if appropriate.
Note: Some or all of the interview process is likely to be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams.
||WORK-BASED SKILLS ADVISER – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
||Support scale points 20 – 24
£19,026 – £21,532 per annum pro rata
||Apprenticeships & Employer Engagement
|Hours per Week
|Terms of Employment
||Permanent Full Year Part-time Support Contract
|Annual Leave Entitlement
||28 Days per annum + Bank Holidays and College Closure Days
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- To work effectively with employers in supporting, training and preparing apprentices for successful completion and transfer into enhanced employment within their sector.
- To promote and develop apprenticeships and other relevant training opportunities with employers, including work placement opportunities for full-time learners
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of learners, ensuring timely and consistent progress throughout the programme, resulting in timely completions and achievement rates.
- Arrange regular meetings with learners in the workplace to identify development needs; set appropriate targets; monitor and progress skills development, including maths & English; and record progress towards meeting the relevant standard.
- Deliver individual and group workshops to support the timely development of relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours in the relevant subject and technical areas.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with employers to monitor the learner’s progress and ensure training delivery is appropriate to the job role and skills level.
- Use the Smart Assessor programme effectively to record all relevant information, and to monitor and regularly report progress in all areas.
- Plan and manage the 20% off the job training, whether conducted by the employer at the workplace, or as a specific work-related qualification, course or bespoke training in college.
Liaise closely with Work-Based Skills Co-ordinators / Apprenticeships Manager / Functional Skills to ensure all learners are on track with all aspects of their development and programme.
Attend team and standardisation meetings etc. in College as required.
Undertake industrial updating and professional development to keep abreast of curriculum developments.
Build and maintain positive working relationships with employers to support learner achievement and open opportunities for future recruitment across the curriculum offer.
Other duties commensurate with the grade of post as required.
- Contribute to the quality improvement process;
- Work within health and safety guidelines and be aware of your responsibilities for health and safety;
- Adhere to College policies and procedures;
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of young persons and vulnerable adults;
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities;
- Undertake professional development to ensure skills and qualifications are up to date;
- Participate in meetings and events as required, e.g. Faculty meetings, parents’ evenings, etc.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and show commitment to the College and its mission.
- Adhere to the College Values:
Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate: This post is subject to a standard DBS Disclosure.
Skills & Experience Required
Essential - Measured by application form and interview
- Recent, relevant occupational competence
- Significant relevant industrial experience
- Experience in 1-to-1 training
Desirable - Measured by application form and interview
- Experience of delivering group training sessions
Essential - Measured by application form, interview and assessment*
- NVQ 3/4 or equivalent in appropriate technical/vocational/professional qualification, and illustrate a desire to continually update knowledge & skills
- Level 3 Training Assessment and Quality Assurance Award or equivalent
- Preparatory Certificate in Education & Training or equivalent 1st stage teaching qualification, within specified time scale
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)*
* You will be required to undertake a Literacy and/or Numeracy assessment at, or immediately after interview, if you do not have these qualifications or cannot provide the relevant certificates
Desirable - Measured by application form, interview and assessment
- Level 4 Training Assessment and Quality Assurance Award or equivalent
- Coaching qualification
Skills / Abilities
Essential - Measured by interview
- High standard of subject and current occupational knowledge
- High degree of skill and expertise in assessing competence and delivering programmes
- Enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines, while supporting students in the workplace
- Strong IT skills and ability to keep full and accurate records
- Well organised and manage time effectively
- Ability to keep full and accurate records
- Capacity for sustained hard work
- Able to work flexibly and as part of a team
- Sympathetic to students' needs
Essential - Measured by application form and interview
- Well presented
- Current driving licence and business travel insurance
- Access to own vehicle
Staff Benefits & College Facilities
Valued as a significant local employer, we work hard to provide a supportive, productive and fulfilling working environment for our staff. In addition to a friendly team culture and a range of excellent on-site facilities, we offer:
- Relevant staff training and development and good progression opportunities
- Defined Benefit Pension Schemes for all staff (Local Government and Teachers' Pensions Schemes)
- Generous leave entitlement
- A range of family-friendly and other supportive HR policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- FREE College gym membership
- Dedicated Occupational Health
- On site The Salon, Restaurant and catering facilities
- Bring your dog to work to be walked, fed and cared for at Doggy Daycare
- FREE parking