Treetops - Privacy Notice
LMC Privacy Notice: Treetops Nursery
Notice about how we use your personal information
We are the data controller of personal information about you. We are Lancaster & Morecambe College. Our address is Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
Our Data Protection Officers are Angela Bathgate and John Pollard. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officers at:
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The information that you give us
So as to provide a childcare service we may collect your and your child’s personal details including name, address, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers; national insurance number; birth certificate details, passport/driving licence details; ethnicity, health information, sex-related information, and photographs.
The uses made of your personal information
We will use your information to provide you with a childcare service.
The legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information
Generally, the information is processed because we have a legal obligation to do so.
Where there is no legal obligation we will process the information on the basis of consent.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep the information for 6 years, except for photographs which will be kept for 24 months.
How we share your personal information
Information you provide on this registration form may be shared for legal reasons with:
- Health Visitors
- Lancashire County Council
- Social Workers
- Assessment Centres
- Other nurseries
How we transfer your personal information outside Europe
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside Europe.
Your rights over your personal information
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format.
For further details call 01524 521233
Lancaster & Morecambe College