An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including Maths and English OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
Relevant work experience will also be considered
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with training in both the workplace and at College
• Attendance at College on a regular basis, block or day release
• You will work towards a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ), Functional Skills, Employment Rights and Responsibilities and Technical Certificate
NVQ Level 3 in Wood Occupations (Joinery), Technical Certificate (Level 3 Diploma) plus Functional Skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT
• You will receive tuition to support the underpinning knowledge required for your NVQ
• You may also have the opportunity to work towards additional qualifications relevant to your employment
• You will receive regular monitoring and assessment in both the workplace and at College
• There are no formal examinations within the NVQ, your work is assessed on an ongoing basis
• The Technical Certificate is assessed by formal examination
• Assessment of Functional Skills in Maths and English will consist of a formal examination and gathering a portfolio of evidence
• A computer based multiple choice test for health and safety
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and some qualifications have exams.
On completion of this course you will receive the NVQ Level 3 in Wood Occupations (Joinery), Technical Certificate and Functional Skills qualifications, if taken.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY
• If you are already employed then contact David Dean at the College who will be happy to arrange a visit to you and your employer to discuss the Apprenticeship in more detail. They can be contacted on 01524 66215, Ext. 232.
• If you are unemployed you can view our current Apprenticeships vacancies here www.lmc.ac.uk/schoolleavers/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-vacancies
• You can also visit your local Young People’s Service or Jobcentre Plus to see if there are any vacancies and look in the local papers.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!