Student & Learning Services - How Can We Help?
Student & Learning Services is at the heart of the college in the Hexagon. We're easy to find and you're welcome to visit us anytime during our opening hours. If you prefer, you can give us a call on 01524 521237 or 0800 306 306 to arrange an appointment or discuss your queries over the phone. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whatever your needs our Student & Learning Services Team is here to help you. Click on the links below to find out more:
• In person at the Hexagon - see Opening hours below • Course enquiries – 0800 306 306 or 01524 521 385 • General enquiries – 01524 521 237 E-mail - email@example.com • Admissions – 01524 521 305 • Student Money – 01524 521 469
Learning SupportYour first few weeks at college will include an assessment to help you decide what learning support requirements you have. If you currently receive support or would like to receive it please let the team know before you start College. This will help us arrange to meet your needs from day one. To find out more visit our Learning Support pages.
Term TimeMonday 8.45am – 5.00pm Tuesday 8.45am – 6.00pm Wednesday 8.45am – 6.00pm Thursday 8.45am – 5.00pm Friday 8.45am – 4.00pm
Non Term TimeMonday - Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday 9.00am – 4.00pm Opening hours may be extended during busy enrolment periods. If you are unable to see us during these times, please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
Our Hexagon Student and Learning Centre provides a wide range of resources to assist students with their assignments. Knowledgeable staff, books, e-resources, computers, laptops and much more will all help to guide students to get the best results. Staff will provide, amongst other things, study skill sessions and workshops on how to get the most out of the college’s VLE (MOODLE) For further information, you can contact us on 01524 521269
• National Careers Service • Jobsearch at direct.gov.uk • Lancaster Community and Voluntary Solutions • The Complete University Guide • Prospects • National Careers Service • My World of Work • Employment4students • Greatcare : nursery and childcare job site • Job Center Plus - Job Centre Homepage • UCAS - Higher Education admissions UK
• Mental Health .org.uk • Mind .org .uk • Rape Crisis .co.uk • Samaritans .org .uk • Womensaid .org .uk • www.lancashirecare.nhs.uk/Mindsmatter • www.cumbriapartnership.nhs.uk/our-services/mental-health/our-mental-health-services/first-step • www.familylives.org.uk/advice/teenagers/ • ncompassnorthwest.co.uk/what-we-do/young-peoples-self-harm-support • www.b-eat.co.uk/ • www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/resource-hub/ • www.selfharm.co.uk/get/our_services • www.getselfhelp.co.uk//index.html • www.nhs.uk/Livewell/insomnia/Documents/sleepdiary.pdf • www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Insomnia/Pages/Introduction.aspx?print=636100424019381084
• Advanced Learner Loans • Advice Guide - Legal /welfare basic advice/ info • Money Advice Service • NACAB - National Association of Citizens Advice Bureau Homepage • www.gov.uk/student-finance/overview • www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/Loans-for-adults-in-further-education-and-training • www.lancashire.gov.uk/benefits-and-grants/crisis-support-scheme.aspx • www.universal-credit.service.gov.uk/sign-in • www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Full-time-students-and-benefits/Can-full-time-students-claim-disability-benefits
• Body Positive - Positive body image educational self-help • Eating Disorders - Comprehensive info/ advice regarding eating disorders • First Steps - Self-help for anxiety related health problems • Gamcare - Problems with gambling info/ advice • Health Links - Directory of general health resources • Male Health - Men's health consumer magazine • Men's Health Forum - UK forum for men's health • NOS - National Osteoporosis Society homepage • Overeaters Anonymous - Comprehensive overeating info/advice • Student Health - General health info / advice
• smitf.flexigrant.com/(The Vicar's Relief Fund (VRF) provides small crisis grants of up to £350 to support people who are at risk of, or currently, experiencing homelessness or are vulnerably housed, to establish and maintain their tenancies. Types of applications include funding to secure accommodation and to clear rent arrears following an eviction notice.) • england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/your_situation/homeless_help_your_situation_-_16_and_17_year_olds • www.nhas.org.uk/factsheets • www.lancaster.gov.uk/housing/homeless-or-at-risk • www.lancaster.gov.uk/housing • www.cumbria.gov.uk/welfare/housing.asp • england.shelter.org.uk/ • www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/ • www.themix.org.uk/housing • www.gov.uk/government/publications/provision-of-accommodation-for-16-and-17-year-olds-who-may-be-homeless-and-or-require-accommodation • Homeless Pages - Directory of resources/ organisations for homelessness
• CASH: Contraception and Sexual Health Service- a sexual health & contraception clinic that runs every Monday in the Well-being room in the Hex between 11:15am and 13:55pm. Students can access condoms, testing, treatment, contraception and advice from this clinic and don’t need to book an appointment. Call 01772 401140 or visit our website via: www.cashlancashirecare.nhs.uk • Brook - Free confidential sexual health advice and contraception for young people under 25 • Family Planning Association • Stonewall - Campaign organization for lesbian, gay and bisexual equality • 2as1 - Confidential relationship advice and counsel for both couples and individuals • Relate .org .uk • Avert - UK based HIV/ Aids Charity • Terrence Higgins Trust - Support/ information for persons/ friends/ family affected by HIV/ AIDS • World Aids Day - Factual information/ awareness on HIV/ AIDS • PYRO - If you are lesbian, gay or bisexual, if you are questioning your sexuality, if you are looking for a safe place to be yourself... then PYRO is for you. Phone or Text 07717 301821 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org