This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
• The meaning and importance of infection control
• The causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
• Methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection.
This course is designed for adult learners studying part time as a hobby or to support a change in their career.
The course will prepare learners for further training and support a role in the workplace where learners need knowledge on infection prevention and control.
You will need:
• To be 16 years of age or above
• It may also be useful to have already achieved a Level 1 qualification in health and social care
• To complete a satisfactory initial assessment in literacy skills
You will study the following 4 mandatory units:
• Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
• Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
• Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
• Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
Each learner must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. You will be allocated an assessor who will support you through the learning process and assess your work, providing advice and guidance. You would be expected to complete the programme in 16 weeks.
This course is Distance Learning and has flexible start dates so you can start at any time throughout the year.
On completion of this course you will receive a Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.