This is a Level 4, one year, Full Time course geared towards a career in the fast growing sports coaching industry. The course aims to introduce students to the theory and application of sports coaching in sporting environments.
This course are suitable for students who want to:
• Develop as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the sport sector
• Take the opportunity to access higher education and enhance their career prospects
• Gain knowledge, understanding the skills that underpin the study of the sport that will prepare them for further study or training
• Demonstrate the qualities needed for employment that include personal responsibility, working under pressure and meeting challenging deadlines
• Develop their transferable skills including effective team working, using independence & initiative, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies
Students should always check the entry requirements for progression to degree programmes at specific higher education providers.