An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
• Beauty Therapy Level 2
• Beauty Therapy Level 3
• Theatrical and Media Make-up Level 3
• Hairdressing Apprenticeship
• Full Time Employment
Grade C/4 or higher in BOTH maths and English. Applicants also MUST have a Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
• If you are already employed then contact Leeanne Grayston-Aldren or Anne Proctor at the College who will be happy to arrange a visit to you and your employer to discuss the Apprenticeship in more detail. They can be contacted on 01524 66215 Ext.511 or 262.
• If you are unemployed you can view our current Apprenticeships vacancies here www.lmc.ac.uk/schoolleavers/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-vacancies.
• You can also visit your local Young People’s Service or Jobcentre Plus to see if there are any vacancies and look in the local papers.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!