An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including Maths and English OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
Relevant work experience will also be considered
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with training in the workplace
• Assessor visits in the workplace every 3 – 4 weeks
• GCSE or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
• Functional Skills Level 2 in ICT
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Mandatory Units for this course are:
• Understand Children's Early Years Education and Development
• Implementing Early Years Foundation Stage
• Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Early Years Settings
• Plan and Provide Effective Teaching and Learning in Early Years Settings
• Make Accurate and Productive Use of Assessment in Early Years Settings
• Develop Effective and Informed Professional Practice
• Promote the Health, Safety and Well-being of Children in Early Years Settings
• Child Protection and Safeguarding
• Partnership Working in Early Years
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and observations.
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time throughout the year.
On completion of this course you will receive NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Children's Learning and Development and a Functional Skills qualification or GCSE. You will also achieve a Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
If you are already employed then please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01524 521385
• If you are unemployed you can view our current Apprenticeships vacancies here www.lmc.ac.uk/schoolleavers/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-vacancies.
• You can also visit your local Young People’s Service or Jobcentre Plus to see if there are any vacancies and look in the local papers.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.