This is a Level 5, two year, Full Time course geared towards a career in the fast growing sports coaching industry. The course aims to introduce students to the theory and application of sports coaching in sporting environments.
This course are suitable for students who want to:
• Develop as professional, self-reflecting individuals able to meet the demands of employers in the sport sector
• Take the opportunity to access higher education and enhance their career prospects
• Gain knowledge, understanding the skills that underpin the study of the sport that will prepare them for further study or training
• Demonstrate the qualities needed for employment that include personal responsibility, working under pressure and meeting challenging deadlines
• Develop their transferable skills including effective team working, using independence & initiative, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies
Students should always check the entry requirements for progression to degree programmes at specific higher education providers.
You will need:
Sport Level 3 at MPP or another relevant qualification with a minimum of 64 UCAS points. Plus GCSE maths and English at grade C/4 or higher.
You will also need enthusiasm for the subject with a commitment to study, and show good skills in practical subjects. If you are over 19 years of age, you may be accepted without formal qualifications particularly if you have had relevant experience.
The course is a combination of practical, theory and individual studies. During the course you may study modules such as:
Technology in sport
Operational management and leadership
Physical activities, lifestyle and health
Work experience forms an integral part of the qualifications which gives student the chance to really get to grips with what it means to work in the sports industry and to find the role to which they are most suited.
This qualification prepares students for higher level careers in the sports and leisure industry. Completing this course is the equivalent of completing the first two years of a degree and successful students will have the opportunity to access a one year top up to degree level with one of our partner institutions.