Next Open Day
Higher Education Fair - Tuesday 3rd October 2017 - 2.00 - 6.00pm
Lancaster & Morecambe College will be hosting our 3rd annual Higher Education Fair for students, schools, parents or anyone interested in university level courses. The Higher Education Fair is completely free of charge and offers a great opportunity to talk to a number of top class universities at one event.
We have confired representatives from University of Chester, Lancaster University, Edge Hill University, Manchester Metropolitan University, Kendal College, University of Cumbria and University of Bolton, with many more universities yet to confirm.
You will also be able to talk to the tutors about the Higher Education courses that we offer at the College, in a range of subjects including Business & Enterprise, Art & Design, Digital Media, Music, Health & Social Care, Child Education, Animal Studies, Sport, Public Services and Teacher Education. You will also be able to find out more about our Access courses, which offer routes into Higher Education
The fair will be open to Lancaster & Morecambe College students from 2pm-4pm and then to the general public from 4pm-6pm.
What you can expect from an LMC Open Day
Come and find out about life at College, come down to speak to our team and you can even leave enrolled on a course!
Our Open Days offer you the chance to find out what life is like as an LMC student and why 90% of our students progress into employment, further education or to university.
Some of the things you will be able to see are:
- Hairdressing - try your hand at a hairstyling taster or observe a barbering class
- Beauty - observe a nail tech class or take part in skin analysis and nail art tasters
- Hospitality - our chefs will be holding cupcake decorating sessions in the industrial kitchens
- Business - meet the team and do a brand testing quiz
- Travel & Tourism - test your knowledge with our quiz on tourist attractions and accept our challenge to a game of tourism dominoes
- Animal Studies - meet our animals and see the facilities
- Horticulture - take a look at the facilities
- Childcare - Take part in a selection of craft activities in our play and assessment room and see what you will be doing with children in placement. Meet the experienced staff who manage the courses
- Health & Social Care - Meet the tutors who deliver the modules and manage the courses in the Health & Social Care department
- Music - Meet the team and have a tour of all our facilities including our industry standard digital studios where you can observe the recording process.
- Art & Design - Meet the team and have a tour of all our facilities including our specialist photographic, printmaking and art & design spaces.
- Creative Digital Media - Meet the team and have a tour of all our facilities including our specialist photographic, printmaking and art & design spaces
- Public Services - Meet the team and see the facilities
- Sport - Performance analysis
- Fabrication & Welding - observe an oxyacetylene welding class in our industry standard facilities.
- Plumbing - See the facilities and an explanation of plumbing techniques
- Electrical - See the equipment and meet the tutors
- Carpentry & Joinery - See the equipment and examples of student work
- Brickwork - Demonstrations of brickwork in our industry standard workshop
- Engineering - See the workshops and equipment
- Speak to staff from Apprenticeships, learning support, maths & English, foundation education, computing, Access Diplomas to H.E. for adults and student finance.
We're opening up our newly redeveloped and industry level facilities and workshops to give you an idea of what our courses involve and the career based skills you can learn. With student ambassadors on hand to tell you about College life and course tutors to answer your questions about our courses, it's an ideal opportunity to find out if LMC is the right next step for you.
Registration will take place in the Hex, where you'll be given a guide and directed to the areas you want to see. Once you've had a look at everywhere you'd like to visit, if you decide you would like to apply we can help you to do that and sort out your interview. We can also answer questions on Apprenticeships, Higher Education, learning support, funding and transport.
Meet the tutors. Get subject specific advice from our experienced subject tutors to make sure you choose the right course for the career you want.
Individual Advice and Guidance. Not sure yet what direction you want to take? Discuss what options are available with our trained advisors and get information to take away with you to help you in your decision.
Aged 19 or over? Find out about funding your course with an Advance Learning Loan
Apply for your course. If you like what you've seen and are ready to get the ball rolling, complete your application form or an online application on the night and we'll arrange your interview date straight away.
Give us feedback. Tell us what you thought about your visit to our Open Evening. Complete our short survey to give your feedback.
Open Days 2017/8
Tuesday 12th September - Late applications and admissions for 2017 4.30-7.00pm
Tuesday 3rd October 2017 - Higher Education Information Evening 2.00 - 6.00pm
Tuesday 17th October 2017 - Open Evening 4.30 -7.00pm
Wednesday 15th November 2017 - Open Evening 4.30 -7.00pm
Tuesday 6th February 2018 - Open Evening 4.30 -7.00pm
Tuesday 6th March 2018 - Apprenticeship Information Evening 4.30- 7.00pm
Wednesday 13th June 2018 - Open Evening 4.30 -7.00pm
Wednesday 4th July 2018 - Year 10 Taster Day
Wednesday 8th August 2018 - Advice and Applications Day 12.00 - 4.00pm
Thursday 23rd August 2018 - GCSE Results Open Day 10.00am - 4.00pm