An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
5 GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
Relevant work experience will also be considered
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per weeek, with training in the workplace.
• Assessor visits in the workplace every 3-4 weeks.
• Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 in Maths, English and ICT
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
Mandatory units for this course are:
• Contribute to the support of child and young person development.
• Contribute to children and young people's health & safety.
• Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people.
• Understand partnership working in services for children and young people.
• Introduction to communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
• Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings.
• Child and young person development.
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
• Maintain support relationships which children and young people.
• Support children and young people's positive behaviour.
This course is continuously assessed using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations and observations.
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time throughout the year.
On completion of this course you will recieve a Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
• If you are already employed then contact The Apprenticeship Team on 01524 521385
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!