Work For Us
Working at Lancaster & Morecambe College
Welcome to Lancaster & Morecambe College! Thank you for your interest in working here.
LMC is a thriving and vibrant general Further Education College, with an excellent local reputation, currently experiencing a period of strong financial performance. The College is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, close to coastline and the historic city of Lancaster, and within easy reach of mountain and moorland. We are justly proud of our strong links and good working relationships with our community and local businesses.
Staff Benefits and College Facilities
Valued as a significant local employer, we work hard to provide a supportive, productive and fulfilling working environment for our staff. In addition to a friendly team culture and a range of excellent on-site facilities, we offer:
- Relevant staff training and development and good progression opportunities
- Defined Benefit Pension Schemes for all staff (Local Government and Teachers' Pensions Schemes)
- Generous leave entitlement
- A range of family-friendly and other supportive HR policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dedicated Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling services
- Staff discount for membership of LMC Fitness Suite
- On site Hair Salon, Beauty Salon, Restaurant and catering facilities
- Bring your dog to work to be walked, fed and cared for at Doggy Daycare
- Free parking
All appointments at Lancaster & Morecambe College are subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance, DBS clearance and a probationary period. If you are appointed to a teaching role you will also be required to comply with relevant provisions relating to teaching qualifications, training and development.