An apprenticeship in a genuine job, with training, meaning apprentices learn and gain skills and professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage.
Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focussed and know which career path they want to follow. They offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time study.
This programme is aimed at people who are employed, or are seeking employment. You will need to be 16 years of age or over. Apprenticeships are available at level 2 and level 3.
An apprenticeship is a genuine job, with training. Apprentices will learn and gain professional competencies in their chosen career, whilst receiving a wage. Apprenticeships are suitable for well-motivated people who are focused and know which career they want to follow. All apprenticeships offer high quality work-based training as an alternative to full time education. From April 2020, the apprenticeship minimum wage is £4.15 per hour. For further information on salaries, visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
We expect Higher Apprentices on the level 4 programme to complete in approximately 12-18 months, depending upon your skills, qualifications and how quickly you progress.
For the level 4 Higher Apprenticeship you need either:
• 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including Maths and English OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade
C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
• Relevant level 3 Apprenticeship
• Relevant work experience
• At interview you will be asked to complete a basic assessment to prove that your English and maths are at level 2
You will have a proven interest in business and administration, enjoy working with people and show evidence of good skills in practical subjects.
• Employment should be for a minimum of 30 hours per week, with training in the workplace
• Assessor visits in the workplace every 3 – 4 weeks
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Understanding organisations
• Business ethics
• Personal and professional development
• Resource management
• Administrative Functions
• ICT Level 2
This course is continuously assessed in the workplace using a range of methods including portfolio building, on the job assessment, presentations, exams as well as assignments.
Once you have gained employment you could start this programme at any time of the year.
On completion of this course you will receive NVQ Level 4 in Business and Administration; Diploma in the Principles of Business and Administration and, if required, Functional Skills.
• Complete an Apprenticeship Application Form and return to: The Admissions Officer, Lancaster & Morecambe College, Morecambe Road, Lancaster, LA1 2TY.
• If you are already employed then contact Leeanne Grayston-Aldren or Val Jones at the College who will be happy to arrange a visit to you and your employer to discuss the Apprenticeship in more detail. They can be contacted on 01524 66215 Ext. 511 or 635.
• If you are unemployed you can view our current Apprenticeships vacancies here www.lmc.ac.uk/schoolleavers/apprenticeships/apprenticeship-vacancies.
• You can also visit your local Jobcentre Plus to see if there are any vacancies and look in the local papers.
I teach a subject that I am passionate about and transfer my knowledge and skills to our students. I also work with an amazing team, every day is different and a unique challenge - the job is never boring!
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.
Studying on the business course at LMC will open up numerous doors for your future, so if you can see business as a key part of your future and are prepared to seize every opportunity, our course will be the most amazing thing you ever sign up for.
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.