This short intensive one-day initial awareness of First Aid course covers all topics necessary to meet the Health and Safety Executive’s requirements for Emergency First Aid at Work which complies with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course is designed for adult learners studying part time as a hobby or to support a change in their career.
The sessions will include practical elements and the performance of participants will be continually assessed. Delegates will need to be suitable dressed for working on the floor and are required to be of reasonable fitness and aged over 16 years.
On competition of training, successful candidates should be able to understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
• The importance of preventing cross infection
• The need for recording incidents and actions
• Use of available equipment
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
• Provide appropriate first aid for major injuries
On completion of this course you will receive HSE Emergency Fist Aid at Work Certificate
If you would like to reserve a place, please complete an enrolment form and return it to the LMC Business Office. Alternatively, for more information or advice, please call 01524 521483
I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience of animals with students and seeing a learners journey as they make progress.
LMC is a great community asset and I think the local district are lucky to have such a modern, flexible and engaging place of education.
I enjoy helping young people achieve their GCSE English, a key qualification which will open doors for them in the future.
Come and join us here as LMC! You’ll gain new skills, use industry standard equipment, be taught by a dedicated team of specialists who are passionate about educating you to a higher skills level, so that you can gain an Apprenticeship or full time employment.
I really enjoy passing on my joinery experiences and skills to the students, as well watching them develop into good citizens.
The best thing about our courses is that the teaching team have excellent industry experience with up-to-date equipment and materials. We are also very focused on all of our students achieving and being successful in their chosen careers.