Level 3 Study
The Alternative to A-Levels
A-Levels are not the only way to get into university. Successful completion of a Level 3 Extended Diploma course at Lancaster and Morecambe College will give you the UCAS points you need to get into university and the practical skills and experience you gain can help make your CV stand out from the crowd.
With higher fees charged by universities and increased competition for jobs at all levels, it can be hard to make your CV stand out. Completing a Level 3 course at Lancaster and Morecambe College involves more than just the course, integrating relevant competitions, visits, guest speakers and work experience to round out your academic learning experience.
Though you concentrate on a single subject area you will study your chosen subject in great depth, obtaining a clear understanding of the theoretical elements of the subject and studying related academic principles and subjects. You will also develop the practical skill set needed to obtain employment in that industry. On completion of your course you will be ready to offer your employer relevant skills, industry knowledge and experience plus an academic qualification proving your competence.
More Than Just A Sixth Form
Choosing college rather than sixth form, you will also benefit from the adult atmosphere and campus environment, where all students are encouraged and supported to achieve their potential. Lancaster and Morecambe College has an active Students' Union and numerous extra curricular activities in which you can be involved.
If you should choose to progress to degree level study whether you choose a course at university, a foundation degree or Level 4 qualification as LMC you can be confident that the skills, experience and academic understanding gained on your course will help you access the degree qualification you want.
So, when selecting your preferred study route, make sure you explore all your choices and keep your options open for the future with an alternative to A-Levels at Lancaster & Morecambe College.
Based on Your Needs and Aspirations
A range of A Level equivalent Level 3 options are available within many subject areas. Level 3 programmes are focused on helping learners to access higher education and vocational employment leading to rewarding careers. The programme offered will be based on individual student needs and aspirations which will be discussed at interview. Extended Diplomas are equivalent to three A-Levels and are often used as a route to related higher education courses at university. National Certificates are equivalent to two A-levels. You will gain a thorough academic understanding of the subject area you choose, backed up with extensive practical skills and experience. Grading for these courses is Distinction, Merit or Pass.
The University of Cumbria Gold Guaranteed Offer:
We work closely with the University of Cumbria, offering our students campus visits and activities to help them make the right choice about their next step.
LMC students are eligible for the Gold Guaranteed Offer Scheme, meaning you will recieve a guaranteed conditional offer on selected undergraduate programmes provided you do the following:
- Clearly state on your UCAS form that you attend LMC along with your predicted grades which must be within 40 UCAS points of the standard offer for your chosen course.
- Meet any subject specific GCSE requirements for the relevant course.
- Submit your UCAS application prior to the UCAS deadline.
Level 3 Courses
- AAT Accountancy Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 (A32690-A1A)
- Access to Land Based Studies Diploma Level 3 (A33320-A1A)
- Access to Nursing & Healthcare Diploma Level 3 (A30267-A1A)
- Access to Social Work Diploma Level 3 (A30268-A1A)
- Access to Teaching Diploma Level 3 (A30270-A1A)
- Access to University Diploma Level 3 (A30269-A1A)
- Animal Care Apprenticeship Level 3 (A32694-A1A)
- Animal Management Level 3 (A30048-A1A)
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma Level 3/4 (A30064-A1A)
- Art and Design Level 3 (A30063-A1A)
- Beauty Therapy Level 3 Certificate (Part Time) (B31656-A1A)
- Beauty Therapy Level 3 (A30014-A1A)
- Bricklaying Level 2 (A30028-A1A)
- Bricklaying Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30031-A1A)
- Business Administration Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30070-A1A)
- Business Level 3 (A30068-A1A)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30036-A1A)
- Certificate in Work with Parents Level 3 (B31239-A2A)
- Children’s Play, Learning & Development Early Years Educator Level 3 (A30073-A1A)
- Computer Games Development Level 3 (A30255-A1A)
- Computing Level 3 (A33328-A1A)
- Creative Digital Media Level 3 (A31897-A1A)
- Customer Service Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30590-A1A)
- Diploma in Management ILM Level 3 (B32781-A3A)
- Electrical Installation Level 3 (A30976-A1A)
- Electrical Installation Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31957-A1A)
- Engineering Level 3 TechBac (A33464-A1A)
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Level 2 (A31739-A1A)
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Level 3 (A32695-A1A)
- Fabrication and Welding Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30060-A1A)
- Film and TV Production Level 3 (A11562-A1A)
- Hairdressing Level 3 (A30004-A1A)
- Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30006-A1A)
- Health and Social Care Level 3 (A30079-A1A)
- Health and Social Care Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30652-A1A)
- Horticulture Level 3 (A31903-A1A)
- LMC Sports Development Centres (A32686-A1A)
- Men’s Football Academy (A32497-A1A)
- Music Practitioner Level 3 (A30254-A1A)
- Personal Training NCFE Level 3 (B30914-S03)
- Photography Level 3 (B32861-A2A)
- Plumbing and Heating Level 3 (A24369-A1A)
- Plumbing and Heating Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30047-A1A)
- Professional Cookery Level 3 (A31023-A1A)
- Public Services Level 3 (A30049-A1A)
- Residential Childcare Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A32473-A1A)
- Sport Level 3 (A30050-A1A)
- Sports Coaching Level 3 (A32696-A1A)
- Sports Science Level 3 (A32398-A1A)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning at Schools Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31140-A1A)
- Theatrical & Media Make Up Level 3 (B31289-A1A)
- Travel and Tourism Level 3 (A31899-A1A)
- Welding Skills MMA Level 3 Award (B32624-S01)
- Working with Children and Young People Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31943-A1A)
- Working with Children and Young People Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30629-A1A)
Lancaster & Morecambe College has published all information about the courses it intends to offer in good faith and warrants that classes will be delivered with reasonable care and skill. The College reserves the right to cancel any class and vary the time, location, direction and content of any class it provides and the associated fees. Lancaster & Morecambe College hereby expressly excludes liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising from its actions and limits compensation to a maximum of a full refund of any fees paid or the offer of a class of equivalent value.