Apply today for a full time, T Level or Apprenticeship course staring next September!

Pages in this Section

Alumni Stories

Many of our students progress to the world of work or higher education, read our Alumni stories to find out where our students went after College.

Lucas Bentley

Lucas Bentley

Courses Taken: Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 & Level 2
Profession: Joiner at ACE Joinery
Years Studied: 2016 - 2019

The lecturers are excellent - their hard work and dedication encouraged me to progress in my course. Also their connections within the industry was certainly a great help in starting my career within the Hospitality & Catering industry.

Fiona Finnigan

Fiona Finnigan

Courses Taken: Level 2 & Level 3 Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeship
Profession: Apprentice with Lancaster City Council

During my time at LMC I have won 3 separate awards for being the “Apprentice of the Year”, one from LMC, one from APSE and also one from Lancaster City Council.

Billy Walden

Billy Walden

Courses Taken: Carpentry & Joinery Level 2
Profession: Carpenter and Shop Proprietor
Years Studied: 2014 - 2017

I feel like I have gone from strength to strength after leaving College. After winning the Skills Build award whilst still at college, I have now been accepted into the Institute of Carpenters (LIOC) at the grade of Licentiate in recognition of my achievements at College.

Will McLean

Will McLean

Courses Taken: Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeships Level 2 and 3
Profession: Apprentice at Compass Construction Group

If you like to get your hands dirty and get stuck in then the Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeship course would be a good choice, and you also get paid while you learn.

Kyle Davies

Kyle Davies

Courses Taken: Plumbing Level 2

I would recommend a work placement to anyone considering it, you gain so much experience in very little time, and if you are lucky you might be offered full time employment.

Samuel Orchard

Samuel Orchard

Courses Taken: Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Joinery Bench Apprenticeship

I am proud to be coming to this college and representing this college. I wouldn’t be where I am now without my course tutor Derek, who has helped and supported me through the years. Also I wouldn’t be where I am now without my employer who has helped me to become a better joiner.

George Mundy

George Mundy

Courses Taken: Level 2 & Level 3 Bench Joinery Apprenticeship

If you are looking into taking this course, I can guarantee that you will be taught well and take part in making many challenging and exciting practical pieces.

Aidan Saunders

Aidan Saunders

Courses Taken: Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship
Years Studied: 2016 - 2019

My biggest accomplishment so far has been passing the tests that come with the theory side of my course.