Apply today for a full time, T Level or Apprenticeship course staring next September!

Pages in this Section

Alumni Stories

Many of our students progress to the world of work or higher education, read our Alumni stories to find out where our students went after College.

Liam Brown

Liam Brown

Courses Taken: Uniformed Protective Services Level 3 & Public Services Level 2
Profession: British Army Driver
Years Studied: 2019 - 2021

You should definitely apply for Public Services! The course has helped me so much, giving me a range of industry knowledge, and helping me mature, preparing me for working life.

Hollie Adams

Hollie Adams

Courses Taken: Public Services Level 1-5 & English & Maths
Profession: Criminology & Criminal justice Student at Manchester Metropolitan University
Years Studied: 2016 - 2021

I made amazing friends at LMC who I would never have met if I hadn’t taken Public Services. I also gained qualifications in GCSE Maths and English as well as Public Services Level 1-5. LMC opened up a window of opportunity for me and I am very thankful for that.

Emma McGaughrin

Emma McGaughrin

Courses Taken: Public Services Level 3
Years Studied: 2019 - 2021

If you are considering a Public Services course at LMC, I would say go for it! The opportunities you receive could change your life. You’ll gain invaluable experience and a qualification that will greatly support your CV. 

Ryan Mead

Ryan Mead

Courses Taken: Extended Diploma Level 3 in Public Services
Profession: Currently in RAF Training
Years Studied: 2017 - 2019

If you want to join one of the public services, you need to do this course! It improves your knowledge on each specific role within the public services and gives you opportunity to meet those in the industry currently.

Karisha Young

Karisha Young

Profession: Law Student

I chose Lancaster & Morecambe College because the Public Services course was a challenge but this came with growth and opportunities. The course was a combination of physical and mental challenges. Additionally, we were given the opportunity of meaningful work experience placements, student support at this college is amazing, from providing one to one help in the classroom to offering advice, study support and financial guidance for students.

Fiona Conroy

Fiona Conroy

Courses Taken: Public Services HNC Level 4
Profession: Student

Being able to study subjects that I have never done before, and learning about different aspects of public services as a whole, and how they affect society.

Ocean Heward-Wearing

Ocean Heward-Wearing

Courses Taken: Public Services HNC Level 4

I studied here doing Public Services Level 3 and loved it so I decided to stay for another year. I initially chose LMC as it was one of the few that taught Public Services, but also because it is a really good college.

Casey Knowles

Casey Knowles

Courses Taken: Public Services HND Level 5

I plan to continue to my studies to become a tutor as my end goal is to go back to the Army. I will do the top up degree and extra courses to get my qualifications.

Megan Dunham

Megan Dunham

Courses Taken: Public Services HND Level 5

Lancaster & Morecambe College has built and developed the skills I have today. It has offered me an opportunity to use my new found confidence and leadership skills to volunteer to run a volleyball club every Tuesday with another student.

Lee Jackson

Lee Jackson

All of the trips are brilliant as well because we get the opportunity to find out about careers and learn new skills. The Army residential that we went to was really good because we got to see what they do on a daily basis.

Kerry Garnett

Kerry Garnett

The trips that we go on have been amazing. I have been to Bulgaria for a European Project trip, but I am also going to Poland. We also get some really good visitors to the College including the Lancaster Police Dog Unit. I’ve made some new friends and had some great experiences, like organising a sporting event for hundreds of children.