Apply today for a full time, T Level or Apprenticeship course staring next September!

Pages in this Section

Alumni Stories

Many of our students progress to the world of work or higher education, read our Alumni stories to find out where our students went after College.

Jade Mashiter

Jade Mashiter

Courses Taken: Hospitality & Catering Level 2 and Level 3
Profession: Café Worker at Bay View Garden Centre
Years Studied: 2015-2018

Do it, apply! If you want to work in the hospitality and catering indsutry this course is for you, you learn skills for life. My career wouldn't be possible without the course.

Sean Lonsdale

Sean Lonsdale

Courses Taken: Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship, currently doing Senior Production Chef Level 3 Apprenticeship
Profession: Catering Assistant at Lancaster & Morecambe College
Years Studied: 2 years

I enjoy helping the staff at College in my role as a Catering Assistant and being a part of a great team. I really like helping and supporting all the students to gain the confidence they will need further on in their lives, and techniques within the hospitality industry they will require in their careers.

Cynthia Campbell

Cynthia Campbell

Courses Taken: Part Time - General Patisserie & Confectionery Level 1 & Patisserie & Confectionery Level 2
Years Studied: 2023

You are still never too old to learn something new and if you are passionate about it, I would just suggest you go for it. I have no regrets about doing the courses at LMC!

Michael Lambert

Michael Lambert

Courses Taken: Hospitality & Catering L1, 2 & 3
Profession: Sous Chef & Small Business Owner
Years Studied: 1999 - 2001

LMC prepared me to go out into the workplace. The tutors gave me a great insight into the hospitality industry, as well as teaching me the key skills that I needed, and I’m very grateful for that. LMC has the tools & knowledge to set you up on your journey to becoming a young chef so I would say, go for it!

Geoffrey Fisher

Geoffrey Fisher

Courses Taken: NVQ Level 2 & 3 Hospitality & Catering
Profession: Private Chef
Years Studied: 1994 - 1997

The lecturers are unparalleled. Their hard work and dedication to the students to move forward in the course and further our start with the connections they have in the industry was certainly a great support and guidance to start my career in Hospitality & Catering.

Scott Fairweather

Scott Fairweather

Courses Taken: Hospitality & Catering Level 3
Profession: Head Chef at The Black Swan, Ravenstonedale
Years Studied: 2008 - 2011

Lancaster & Morecambe College helped me to increase confidence in myself, not just teaching me the basics of classical cookery, but enabling me to achieve as much as I want to achieve. It was there that I realised you can get as much out of your chosen career as you put in, it’s all about having the motivation, a good group of people around you, and the ethic to work, work, work! I was awarded ‘Apprentice of the Year 2011’ which I was extremely grateful for and really topped off my time here.