Apprenticeships - Employer Information
Are you keen to develop the skills of your staff whilst they are in your workplace?
LMC offers a wide range of Apprenticeships and work related courses to help your staff develop their skills and increase their impact on your business.
Our advisors are happy to come and talk to you about enrolling your staff on qualifications that won’t disrupt your business.
Offering a young person an apprenticeship is a great way to support them with their first job and train them to meet the needs of your business. Unlike other investments an Apprentice will give you a definite return on investment. As they progress they can help your firm grow and prosper.
Find an Apprentice
Finding an Apprentice is easy. At LMC we can offer you a completely bespoke recruitment service to meet your needs. All you have to do is let us know what kind of candidate you are looking for and we’ll do the rest!
Recruiting an Apprentice Step by Step:
- Meet with one of our advisors to discuss your requirements
- We will advertise the post and select a number of suitable applications for you to consider
- Choose the candidates you would like to interview
- We will contact the candidates and organise their attendance at the interview
- Once you have selected your candidate we will get them registered on the Apprenticeship scheme
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work based learning programmes that enable the Apprentice to earn a wage whilst gaining on the job experience and skills that lead to nationally recognised qualifications. Apprentices learn practical skills in the workplace and either come into college on day or block release to undertake training for their technical and key skills qualifications or complete all their training in the workplace. LMC’s assessors regularly visit Apprentices in the workplace to help them build their evidence portfolios.
The government recognises the value of Apprenticeships, with additional incentives for employers to take on Apprentices such as grants for businesses. If you think a grant or incentive could help your business with their plans to take on new Apprentices, please speak to our team to find out more.
How Long Does An Apprenticeship Take?
The length of an Apprenticeship varies depending on prior skills levels of the apprentice, the qualification being obtained and industry sector. Generally, Apprenticeships take between one and three years to complete.
What Would I Pay My Apprentice?
Like all employees, apprentices must still receive a wage. The minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. However, as skills develop, many employers tend to increase wages – in fact, research has found that apprentices earn an average of £170 net pay per week.
Do Apprentices Have To Attend College?
This varies from programme to programme. Some of the programmes can be done fully in the workplace, which no requirement to attend College. Other programmes could have some taught sessions in College, along with workplace training. This depends on the type of job being done, or the elements of training being undertaken.
What Happens Next?
Our staff will be happy to discuss your needs, and to answer any further questions you may have. Please contact us or call 01524 521483
You might also find our Apprenticeship Employer Guide useful
- Animal Care Apprenticeship Level 2 (A32693-A1A)
- Animal Care Apprenticeship Level 3 (A32694-A1A)
- Barbering Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31941-A1A)
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30904-A1A)
- Beauty Therapy Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31294-A1A)
- Bricklaying Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30030-A1A)
- Bricklaying Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30031-A1A)
- Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30069-A1A)
- Business Administration Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30070-A1A)
- Business Administration Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship (A31832-A1A)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30035-A2A)
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30036-A1A)
- Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31943-A1A)
- Children's Learning & Development Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3 (A32692-A1A)
- Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30024-A1A)
- Customer Service Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30590-A1A)
- Electrical Installation Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31957-A1A)
- Exercise and Fitness Level 2 Apprenticeship (A32262-A1A)
- Exercise and Fitness Level 3 Apprenticeship (A32263-A1A)
- Fabrication and Welding Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30061-A1A)
- Fabrication and Welding Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30060-A1A)
- Food and Beverage Service Apprenticeship (A24332-A1A)
- Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship (A31122-A1A)
- Front of House Reception Apprenticeship (A30605-A1A)
- Hairdressing Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30005-A1A)
- Hairdressing Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30006-A1A)
- Health and Social Care Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30647-A1A)
- Health and Social Care Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30652-A1A)
- Horticulture Apprenticeship (A32495-A1A)
- Hospitality Services Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31123-A1A)
- Hospitality Supervision Level 3 Apprenticeship (A30572-A1A)
- IT Application Specialist Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31176-A1A)
- IT Application Specialist Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31177-A1A)
- Plumbing and Heating Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30046-A1A)
- Plumbing and Heating Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30047-A1A)
- Professional Cookery Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30022-A1A)
- Professional Cookery Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30023-A2A)
- Property Maintenance Level 2 Apprenticeship (B33683-A2A)
- Residential Childcare Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A32473-A1A)
- Sales and Telesales Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30925-A1A)
- Sales and Telesales Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31940-A1A)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning at Schools Level 2 Apprenticeship (A31135-A1A)
- Supporting Teaching and Learning at Schools Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A31140-A1A)
- Team Leading Level 2 Apprenticeship (A30618-A1A)
- Warehousing and Storage Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 (A31178-A1A)
- Warehousing and Storage Apprenticeship Level 2 (A30764-A1A)
- Working with Children and Young People Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (A30629-A1A)
Lancaster & Morecambe College has published all information about the courses it intends to offer in good faith and warrants that classes will be delivered with reasonable care and skill. The College reserves the right to cancel any class and vary the time, location, direction and content of any class it provides and the associated fees. Lancaster & Morecambe College hereby expressly excludes liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising from its actions and limits compensation to a maximum of a full refund of any fees paid or the offer of a class of equivalent value.