Use Google Chrome for the best viewing experience on our site

Alumni Stories

See below for some profiles of our talented alumni.

• Still in touch with anyone from College who you think might like an Alumni membership?
  • Did you start your own business?
  • Did you marry your college sweetheart?
  • Do you have a really interesting or exciting job?
  • Changed any of your details?

We’d love to hear from you, let us know what you’ve been up to recently! Just fill out the registration form or email alumni@lmc.ac.uk with your story. We'll send you your Alumni membership card, and if you want us to we will then send you occasional newsletters or emails to let you know what is going on at LMC.

Lawrence Smith

Lawrence Smith

Courses Taken: Computer Games Development Level 3 (now Creative Digital Media Level 3)
Profession: Student studying Mental Health Nursing

I enjoyed my time at LMC and I still miss it very much.

Alex Grubba

Alex Grubba

Courses Taken: Computer Games Development Level 3 (now Creative Digital Media Level 3)
Profession: Automation Test Analyst

Without doubt the best part and what will always stay with me was the people. The comradery, the friends, the laughs we all had, this isn’t only my fellow peers but also my tutors as well, both Kevin and Ant were incredible and great to get on with.

Callum Humpage

Callum Humpage

Profession: Graduate Trainee Technical Support Technician

The best part was definitely that I met some lifelong friends from college which made those years some of the best of my life. On top of this, there was a lot of creativity that was encouraged when completing the work. Finally, the opportunity for work experience in the Czech Republic inspired my allure for travel around and learn about other countries’ cultures.

Philip Kilshaw

Philip Kilshaw

Profession: VFX Artist

If you’re serious about a career in the media industry then this is the course for you. It will provide you with a well-rounded skill set that you can then take with you on your next steps, whether that be in the working environment or university.

Will Davies

Will Davies

Profession: Software Engineer

I work in the defence sector, so the nature of my work is always interesting. Being a software engineer, a large part of my job is problem solving. I'm faced with a task and have to come up with a way to fix it. I work with some very talented and experienced people, each day is interesting. It’s often very difficult, but is certainly a satisfying job.

Nikita Kotter

Nikita Kotter

Courses Taken: Art & Design Level 2 & Creative Digital Media Level 3
Profession: Game Designer at Brace Yourself Games
Years Studied: 2012 - 2015

Tutors provide honest and critical feedback and support that allowed me to realise important things about the industry I was heading in. While the opportunities allowed me to explore different aspects of games development before deciding what I want to do in the future.

Thomas Cross

Thomas Cross

Courses Taken: Level 3 Music, HNC & HND Music and BA(hons) Music Production
Profession: Composer in the field of music for video games

The course enabled me to work in a professional environment and really familiarise myself with the practical application of the skills we were learning. It was great being able to test my skills with location recordings and it showed me how I can fully utilise a space or piece of technology.

Joe McCorriston

Joe McCorriston

Courses Taken: Level 3 Music & HNC Music
Profession: Full time Musician

Do it, but don’t be half-hearted. The music courses aren’t doss courses for people to take when they’re undecided on what they want to do in life. They are there for people who have a passion for music and want to take up a job somewhere in the industry later in life, they will push you and stretch you in the ways that you need to have a chance of making a successful career.