Food Safety in Catering Qualsafe Level 2 Award (B33681-S05)
The cost of the course will be £111 and includes tuition, course materials, certification fees, light refreshments and lunch.
This qualification has been designed to address the food safety needs of the catering and hospitality sector according to the National Occupational Standards.
It is a requirement that all food handlers are trained in basic food hygiene and this intensive course has been designed to cover all the necessary topics as specified in the syllabus.
What does the course involve?
The course will be delivered in one day followed by a multiple-choice examination. Successful candidates will be awarded a Certificate by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. The Institute recommends that refresher training is undertaken at least every three years.
The programme will include:
• Taking personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
• Cleanliness and hygiene
• Receiving and storing food safely
• Preparing, cooking and holding food safely
Subjects covered include:
• Food safety hazards
• Temperature control
• Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
• Cooking, hot holding and reheating
• Food handling
• Principles of safe food storage
• Food premises and equipment
Course Information Sheet