Access to University Diploma Level 3 (A30269-A1A)
What do I need to join?
A range of evidence may be considered when assessing the potential of an applicant to succeed on an Access Diploma e.g. their life skills, previous employment, prior achievements and professional qualifications. However, the general expectation is that a student will:
• have good level 2 skills reflecting ability equal to 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above or any equivalent professional qualification
• Successfully complete an initial assessment
The offer of a place will be determined by the following three factors:
• The student’s performance at interview
• The successful completion of the assessment
• The consideration of prior achievements and/or qualifications
This is a one year course providing you with the opportunity to seek entry to degree courses at universities and higher education institutions, or further training.
The Adult Alternative to A Levels and GCSEs.
Who is this course for?
The course is primarily aimed at mature students aged 19+ who are prepared to commit themselves to a full year of study for approximately 15 hours per week and progress onto university. It is particularly geared towards students who want a second opportunity in education or who have gaps in their education due to other commitments.
Daniella Flint or Cathy Jamieson, 01524 66215 Ext.259.
For information, advice and guidance or to apply please phone Student & Learning Services on 01524 521237 or 0800 306306.
Course Information Sheet